Working from the inside out, Pilates strengthens, elongates and rebalances the body, bringing it into correct alignment, so that the muscular and skeletal systems can function optimally.
Pilates has proven itself invaluable not only as a fitness endeavour itself, but also as an important addition to professional sports training and physical rehabilitation of all kinds. By evenly training all muscle groups you avoid muscle imbalances and joint strains that can lead to injury. Pilates is recommended by osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists and general practitioners as one of the safest forms of exercises for people facing the challenges of chronic pain, fibromyalgia, limited range of motion, arthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis as well as for many more conditions.
The Benefits of Pilates
- Improves natural posture
- Improves balance and co-ordination
- Creates a stronger more flexible body
- Aids rehabilitation after surgery or injury
- Increases joint mobility
- Relieves back & joint pain
- Helps alleviate stress and reduce tension
- Improves circulation
- Builds core abdominal and back strength
- Compliments sports, by reducing the risk of injury and improving performance
- Promotes a sense of well-being